We Demand Official Status of Online Media in Pakistan!
As time has been changing, so are the media trends in Pakistan. Now online media in Pakistan that includes blogs, forums, online news websites and other online resources, have been aggressively, vigilantly and timely reporting for variety of topics; ranging from politics, business, stocks, technology, telecom, culture, education and this list goes on…!
Lately, It has been observed and reported by various journalists too that mainstream media collects these stories from blogs and other online media, which actually proves the maturity and authenticity of online media.
Now the time has come, where we (bloggers) demand an official status of online media, its legislation, terms and conditions, do’s and don’ts and above all protection from government. We (bloggers) should also be allowed to get registered with APNS, PID or other journalists’ unions.
I understand that government has so many other things to do, and they may not bother for sparing time for the cause, so i request senior blogges to contribute towards this effort, and discuss the issue in an organized and centralized manner to get results.
- Microsoft Gathers Digital & Conventional Media
- Print and Electronic Media Join to Form a Digital Publishers Association
- Citizen Journalists Superlative During Long March
- Mairay Mutabiq – Corporate Blogging in Pakistan
- Telecom and IT Focused PR Wire Launched
- Jang Group Owner Serves Legal Notice to Bloggers, Demands Rs. 1 Billion As Compensation
- 3 Day Web Expo to be Held at Bahria Univ, Islamabad