PTA Wants to Know Number of Broadband Users in Pakistan
PTA is in process to hire a consultancy firm to conduct a survey for getting the right number of broadband subscribers in Pakistan.
PTA didnt had the exact figure earlier and they were relying on other resources. They mentioned that the subscribers are generally mentioned in terms of active connections whereas single connection sometimes are in use of up to 20 people.
By the way they are covering both kind of broadband subscribers. Fixed and Wireless.
It merits mentioning here that PTA had quoted 170,000 broadband subscribers in Pakistan in its latest quarterly report.
Detailed report can be reached here
- Update: Broadband Subscribers in Pakistan – Nov 2009
- WLL Industry Outperforming Fixed Line in Pakistan
- State of Broadband Industry in Pakistan [Dec 10]
- Pakistan Gets 137.7 Million Mobile Phone Users, But We Doubt It!
- PTA’s Annual Report for 2009-2010 [Download]
- Motorola Takes the Lead in WiMAX Equipment Sales
- Qubee Reaches 75,000 Subscribers in Pakistan