CNIC SIM Verification 668
PTA has officially introduced 668-SIM Information System, with what customers can check number of SIMs registered against any CNIC by sending CNIC number to 668. However, it is strictly advised to visit service centers of all cellular companies to know exact amount of SIMs registered against your CNIC.
This is due to unavailability of updated data and lack of data synchronization with 668 SIM information system.
Just as a case study, 668 responded me that there are only 2 SIMs registered against my CNIC, however, when I visited one of customer service center, company representatives told there are 11 SIMs registered against my CNIC – which they blocked instantly upon my request.
Same has been reported by many other mobile phone users. ProPakistani visitors have communicated us the same and said that the information returned by 668 varied than of that provided by Customer Service Centers.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), in a statement has also advised the mobile phone subscribers to visit Customers Services Centre (CSC) of concerned mobile operator and get their SIM(s) data corrected. PTA has also requested the subscribers’ cooperation in streamlining of SIM data.
PTA has stated that the users may visit the Service Centers of concerned mobile operator to resolve this issue. In order to get the data corrected, for further action, mobile users would personally visit the CSC of the concerned operator and fill an undertaking by listing all the SIMs/numbers in their use and would get the unwanted numbers withdrawn from their names. The CSC shall return a copy of this undertaking to the customer.
- PTA Removes CNIC Copy Condition for SIM Data Correction
- How to Block SIMs Registered Against Your CNIC
- What’s So Good about 668 Service? And why its Last Hope for Curbing Unregistered SIMs?
- Millions of SIMs Blocked, Celcos Clearly Found Guilty of Duplicating CNICs
- PRI – An Unexplored Market for Mobile Operators
- Vote Verification via SMS
- Kwick Demos Biometric Solution For Customer Identification to Cellular Companies