Pring: A Pakistani Social Network for Mobile Users
These days social networks (over internet and mobile phones) are getting popular amongst Pakistani youth. Few days back I got an invitation on my cellphone, someone asked me to join “PRING” – A social network for mobile phone users. As I became a part of it, I find it very useful, and here i am with its review.
Pring is a social network using the modern technologies, Internet and Mobile phones to connect you and your buddies; it lets you share what you’re upto with your friends via your cell phone or online in 140 characters or less. I hope the following video will describe it more efficiently:
Who can Join and Whats the procedure?
Currently pring is running Open Beta Testing on Warid, Ufone and Zong.
You can signup here: http://www.pringit.com/
Once you are signed-up, you can use the service with text messages. , there are separate sms codes for each network for warid 9536, ufone 414 and Zong is 2323
During this open Beta, Pring is free, though this service supports a Twitter like internet account but you can use this service entirely via SMS.
You can register via SMS as well, here is the process
- Try it, send HELLO to your respective code.
- Pring will reply you with the following message: “Please register with Pring by replying with your name”
- On receiving this message you will have to reply with a valid username – Pring will then reply you with the following message: “Greetings user! Welcome to Pring. Sms HELP to get more information.”
- You can also join Pring by accepting invitation from an existing Pringer (say Aamir) e,g, Aamir writes “invite 03001234567” and sends it to 2323
- You receive the invitation from Aamir: “Greetings! Aamir wants to follow your updates on Pring. To register, reply with your name.”
- You will then have to reply with a valid username to start using Pring.
- You can register with Pring by going to the “Sign Up” page and filling out the registration form. You will have to confirm your email address to complete the registration process. In addition to that, you will also have to provide the confirmation code being sent to you to your mobile number during the registration, to use the full features of the service.
- You can use Pring online anywhere in the world. However, to use it via SMS, you need to have a cell phone in Pakistan.
Why should I use pring?
By using Pring you can stay connected with your friends, custom applications, premium services all via your handsets, Can get latest updates from your Twitter and Facebook accounts, Rss feeds, news about media, sports etc, Can follow other pringers, chat with other people using public prings, Pring’s philosophy is to enable everything via your handset in a way that don’t require internet. This works very well because many people still do not have internet connectivity but do have basic SMS and voice access. The service is free in this Open Beta, so why Don’t give it a try! Just Pring It!
- For more information send Help to your respective code.
- This service only works with Warid Ufone and Zong, until now
- Please use your respective code for sending sms, otherwise it will not work and you will be charged.
- For more info please visit www.pringit.com
- ProPakistani is not associated with Pring or e-Business. This article is just for reader’s knowledge.
- Pring Crosses 3 Million Users, 12 Million SMS a Day
- Phishing Attacks Against Pakistani Banks Increase
- Free SMS to Any Mobilink Number from Gmail Chat
- Send Free SMS to Any Ufone Number from Gmail Chat
- Pring and GenITeam of Pakistan Ranked in Top 100 Private Companies of Asia
- Manage Your FaceBook Status Through Warid SMS
- Get Facebook Updates on Your Mobile for Free
Enter your email address below:
Popular Posts By Comments In The Last 7 Days
- YouTube Ban in Pakistan Enters its Third Year95
- Ufone Smart U5, A Pocket friendly Android Smartphone [Review]70
- Telenor to Expand its 3G Network to 32 Cities by September End67
- Misdirected AD Campaigns Resulting into Poor 3G Adoption64
- Microsoft to Announce the Next Version of Windows (Threshold) on September 3030
- OPPO N1 Mini with Rotating Camera Design Launched in Pakistan
- Gright Introduces Intel Powered Android Tabs in Pakistan
- Daraz.PK to Officially Sell Samsung Products Online
- Techaccess Pakistan Bags two Oracle Excellence Awards
- Easypaisa Enables Disbursement of Rs.1.2 Billion Stipend for Ministry of Education, Sindh
- PTCL Launches Managed WiFi Service for Corporate Customers
- Mobilink Upgrades Jinnah Welfare Society Vocational Center
- YouTube Ban in Pakistan Enters its Third Year