Mobile Handset Snatching On the Rise In Karachi
The mobile handset snatching has been on the rise in the Karachi as an average 3,000 cases are reported every month in the city of highest cellular tele-density in Pakistan.
Citizen Police Liaison Committee (CPLC) Karachi latest statistics suggested that the number of crimes cases reported against handset snatching has been reached more than 30,000 from January to October 2010 in the city. The figures showed that both crimes considered as cases of mobile handset snatching and thefts.
The average incidents of mobile handset snatching was almost same as 3,000 per month in the last fiscal year 2009-10.
The CPLC registered the cases itself on the request of victim of the crime at their centers or through online forms. It also obtained their information on the local police stations of Karachi.
According to an estimate, more than 120 million connections of different companies are operated in Karachi and its nearing cities. The rising handset crimes forced them to buy low-cost handset to protect them from lost of costly handsets.
Read more on this here Telecom Recorder
- Pakistan a Safe Heaven for Cyber Criminals
- Handset Import up 82% in FY10
- Telenor and Ufone Launch Blackberry Bold 9700
- Mobile Handset Imports Up 58% in Q1 FY 2012
- Save Mobile Handset Industry: Plead Traders Across Pakistan
- Mobilink Indigo Introduces HTC Sensation in Pakistan
- Young Peshawar Boy Sentenced for Making Vulgar Video of a Girl