Samsung Android Phones Sales Beat Apple and Nokia
It is estimated that Samsung has sold upto 21 million smartphones in the said period whereas Apple is lagging with 20.3 million iPhone sales. Nokia seems to be left far behind with 16.7 million sales, a researcher at analyst company said.
Samsung which is considered as second largest handset maker in the industry got this boost from Google’s miracle – Android. Topping the list, Samsung’s galaxy phones are helping it a lot in giving a tough competition to its rival, Apple.
It is expected that Samsung will share the market with industry’s largest handset maker – Nokia, this year. Samsung will have an approximate market share of 20%, closing the gap with Nokia’s 26%.
On the other hand, Apple is still able to give competition with its iPhone 5 (or iPhone 4S may be) which is expected to be released, later this year.
While Samsung Galaxy S II has already made its mark by having more than 3 million sales in less than two months after it’s launch. Keeping in view these figures, Samsung already has sold 30+ Galaxy S II phone per minute, worldwide.
It merits mentioning here that Samsung is expected to double its handset sales (including those which are not smartphone) by this year.
For further reading
- Android Tops Sales Charts in Q1 with 30 % Smartphones From Samsung Only
- iPhone Ends 2012 on a High, Becomes the Top-Selling Smartphone
- Nokia’s Reign of Smartphone World Comes to an End
- Nokia is in Trouble
- Android Leads the Smartphone Market; APAC Being the Largest Region
- Samsung Galaxy S: The Journey So Far and the Future
- 500 Million Android Devices are Active, Globally!