Wateen is Re-launching on October 31st
From what we have heard so far is that there’s a press conference planned in Lahore on the same day in the evening.
New products, network expansion and new logo will be unveiled to the press and select bloggers.
Wateen is availing it’s second chance of getting deeper into Pakistani WiMAX market with plenty of new offerings that include a 2 MB package and further decrease in price for it’s flagship 1 MB package.
We are told that conference’s main highlights would be:
- Change in management
- Change of Logo (a teaser can be seen in print ad published today)
- Network optimization and up time
- Price cut for 1 MB Package
- New Device
Wateen will target the masses with it’s industry best rate for 1 MB Package, which is now going to be cheaper than before. This will come bundled with powerful new device from GreenPacket.
Packages won’t be truly unlimited – but yes, they are capped at industry best rate.
We know that Wateen customers were not comfortable with the internet down time on Wateen, and this is where the company has worked in past few months. According to this source in company – Wateen has deployed 240 new sites plus optimized another 100 to make sure that there’s blanket coverage with minimum down time.
According to internal sources, Wateen’s downtime is now less than 4 percent – which of course they are trying to further optimize with time.
We will keep an eye on the launch – and will get the information to you as it will happen.
- Wateen Launching USB Dongle, Soon
- Wateen to Launch DSL Services
- Breaking: Wateen launching Unlimited Internet
- Wateen’s Re-launch – Unlimited Packages, Lower Rental for Limited Packages
- Get Wateen’s Student Package, Country Wide [Trick]
- Wateen Prepaid Users can now Change Tariff Plans
- Wateen Announces new WiMAX Packages