Pakistan Climbs Up Ranks for Sending SPAM
Pakistan, which was last year ranked at 11th position, has now been ranked at 9th position with 3.3 percent share of total SPAM in the world.
These rankings have been established by experts at SophosLabs, who have released their latest “dirty dozen” report detailing the world’s top spam-relaying countries.
According to report, India has topped the ranks for sending SPAM beating United States of America and South Korea. India’s share for sending SPAM has risen to 9.3 percent of total SPAM being sent in the world.
The top twelve spam relaying countries for January – March 2012
- India – 9.3%
- USA – 8.3%
- S Korea – 5.7%
- Indonesia – 5.0%
- Russia – 5.0%
- Italy – 4.9%
- Brazil – 4.3%
- Poland – 3.9%
- Pakistan – 3.3%
- Vietnam – 3.2%
- Taiwan – 2.9%
- Peru – 2.5%
- Other – 41.7%
Pakistan is considered SPAM heaven just because there’s no legislation available to deal with SPAM in any form or at any level. This is why even multinational companies were caught sending SPAM emails.
- Pakistan Ranked in Top 12 Spam Countries
- Atif Mushtaq, a Pakistani, Helps Take Down The Most Ingenious Botnet Ever
- Ultimate Trick for Blocking SPAM Emails
- Etihad Airways, Who Gave You My Email to Send SPAM? UBL?
- PTA Wants You to Report SPAM sms and Calls
- wi-tribe Franchisees Promote PTCL EVO #SPAM Emails #Fail
- Telenor Caught Sending Spam Emails, Disowning Them Now!