Telenor Increases Balance Inquiry Charges
A message that is being displayed on Telenor’s website reads that charges for all Balance inquiries over USSD are being revised to Rs. 0.15 + Tax, i.e. Rs. 0.18 including tax.
Telenor was earlier charging Rs. 0.10 without tax of Rs. 0.12 with tax for all kind of balance inquiries.
Also to mention here that balance inquiry charges were approved by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, but it had asked operators to give 30 days prior notice to customers before increasing any charges.
It appears that authority has gone soft and lenient in three years that they aren’t restricting operators for 30 days’ notice before making any change in tariffs.
Like we reported before authority isn’t confining operators at all – which is giving them full freedom to impose new charges (every other months now).
After Telenor and Mobilink, it is feared that other operators will increase balance inquiry charges too, but in phases, just to make sure they don’t come under CCP’s hammer.
Tip: Just in case if you don’t know, at least Telenor has provided a way for its customers to check balance inquiry for free. You can probably Google around to know the trick.
- Ufone, Mobilink Increase Balance Inquiry Charges; Others to Follow!
- Ufone Increases Balance Inquiry Charges by 50%
- Mobilink Increases Balance Inquiry Charges
- All Companies to Charge Balance Inquires from Tomorrow, Except Warid
- Telenor and Ufone to Charge Balance Inquiries – To provide (better) Services
- PTA Directs Celco's to Give 30 Days’ Notice Prior Charging Balance Inquiries
- Free Balance Inquiry Tricks