Mobile Subscribers in Pakistan Reach 118.3 Million
Cellular mobile phone subscribers in Pakistan have reached 118,316,916 by adding 2.1 million subscribers (2,107,176 subscribers to be exact) in March 2012.
According to latest stats issued by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, the teledensity for mobile phone subscribers in Pakistan reached 68.2 percent, up from 67.2 percent a month ago.
At the end of March 2012, Mobilink remained the market leader with 35.8 million subscribers, followed by Telenor with 29.35 million subscribers. Ufone had 23.1 million subscribers while Zong contented with 15.66 million subscribers to stand fourth. Warid cleaned up another 296,510 subscribers in March 2012 to end the month with 14.40 million subscribers.
In March Zong added most number of subscribers to lead the new subscription race. It added 711,609 subscribers. While Ufone could add 697,388 new subscriptions during the reported month.
Telenor added just over half a million subscribers while Mobilink was able to grab 491,321 subscribers in March 2012.
Warid is apparently keeping up with the process of cleaning the data and reported a negative addition of 296,510 subscribers in the month.
- Cellular Subscribers Reach 114.61 Million in January 2012
- Cellular Subscribers Cross 90 Million Mark – Mobilink still falling
- Cellular Subscribers Surpass 121.6 Million in Pakistan
- Pakistan Reaches 111 Million Mobile Phone Users in October 2011
- Pakistan Ends May 2012 with 119.9 Million Cellular Subscribers
- Pakistan Ends November 2010 with 101.64 Million Cellular Subscribers
- Telcos Added 1.08 Million Subscribers in Nov 2012 to Top 123.6 Million Subscriptions