Amir Malik to Join MoIT as Director IT
He is expected to join his new position at the Ministry during this month.
Before joining Ufone in December 2011, Amir Malik was the Head of ICT Directorate at Pakistan Telecommunication Authority.
Mr. Malik is largely known for his thorough approach while heading several projects covering issues like Broadband, IP version 6, .pk ccTLD, ICT Security, PKI Infrastructure, Public Data Warehouses, Internet Peering Points, ICT for Disables, National Rabta Portal, 668 SIM Data verification and 8899 Mobile Subscriber Perception Survey.
Ufone has not announced any replacement for Amir Malik so far, which is expected to get filled in coming weeks.
Mr. Malik, with his new role at Ministry of IT will mainly administer the IT policy for the country.
Market sources suggest that this critical induction is likely to bring positive benefits to the ICT industry of Pakistan especially from the policy prospective as there is a dire requirement to complete the future IT Policy framework.
It is being said that Muhammad Amir Malik would be able to bridge this gap along with other important initiatives to be taken for enabling an established ICT sector of the country.
- Head of ICT, PTA to join Cellular Mobile Operator
- Pak Datacom Gets Amir Malik as New CEO
- Ufone to Get Amir Pasha of Zong as Head of PR Department
- PTA Launches SMS Based QoS Survey for Celcos
- Ufone Golfer Grabs Prime Minister Golf Open
- PTA Issues SMS Based Perception Survey Results for Celcos
- Rahman Malik Stands Down, Calls to Block Unidentified SIMs Only