Telenor Appoints Atifa Asghar as Director PR
Telenor Pakistan has appointed Atifa Asghar as Director Communications and Public Relations, a long vacant position that was spared earlier this year when Anjum Rahman had resigned from the company.
Atifa Asghar will be joining Telenor Pakistan from October 15th, 2012 and she will report to Aamir Izhar, we have confirmed with sources.
A Telenor Pakistan spokesperson confirmed ProPakistani of the appointment.
Atifa brings with her vast experience in media relations, corporate communication and marketing. Prior to her appointment at Telenor, Atifa looked after the media relations for Nokia Siemens Network in Middle East and Africa.
She also remained Marketing manager for the same company earlier. Prior to merger of Nokia and Siemens, Atifa had served Nokia Pakistan and Iran as communication manager.
Atifa has joined Telenor’s communication department at a time when telecom industry is undergoing tough working conditions. She will be tested with growing challenges that tend to take on telecom companies, such as the issue of un-registered SIMs, tax evasion and suspension of services.
Atifa will be fourth Director for Communication Department of Telenor Pakistan in last three years.
- Mobilink Hires Sohaib Mustafa of Telenor for its PR Department
- Telenor Hires Anjum Rahman of Express 24/7 as Director Communication & CR
- Telenor Hum Qadam bags CSR National Excellence Award
- Aamer Izhar, VP Telenor, Resigns
- Ufone to Get Amir Pasha of Zong as Head of PR Department
- Security Bugs in Telenor Website Could Reveal IMEI, Handset Details and Other Info of 30 Million Customers
- Telenor Fires One Whole Department, in a Single Go