Usman Ishaq Resigns from Zong
Usman Ishaq, the Executive Director Commercial at Zong, has resigned today – we have confirmed with sources.
Mr. Ishaq was long rumoured for leaving Zong, especially during the first week of January. However, it was only today that we got the official confirmation of his resignation.
Usman Ishaq, considered a close ally of Fan Yun Jun – the CEO of Zong, had joined Zong in April 2008 as Regional Director for Sales.
During his five years’ service term at Zong, Mr. Ishaq was promoted thrice and became Executive Director Commercial at the company — a slot that is said to be created specifically for him.
Zong credits Mr. Ishaq for taking customers’ base from 7 million to 14 million when he was Director Sales at Zong. Later on he was made the Director for Marketing Department during which company’s subscriber base grew to 19 million.
Before Joining Zong, Mr. Ishaq had served at Warid Telecom, ICI Pakistan, Mobilink and Thuraya.
While we aren’t sure about Usman Ishaq’s future plans, but we can tell that he has offers from local and foreign operators. Sources close to Mr. Ishaq confirmed that he is likely to fly aboard for family reasons and may decide on the offers in couple of months.
- Usman Ishaq Joins Ufone as Head of Sales
- Usman Ishaq Becomes Executive Director Commercial at Zong
- Usman Ishaq to Lead Marketing Department at Zong
- Ali Raza Mehdi Resigns from Zong
- Rumor: Mobilink May Lose Tariq Durrani, Regional Commercial Director
- Warid Gets Younis Shaikh as Chief Commercial Officer [Updated]
- Sikandar Naqi Joins Zong