We have previously learned, how to connect PC or Laptop with internet using Mobilink’s GPRS. Continuing the same series, today we will learn about connecting Desktop PC or Laptop with internet using Ufone’s GPRS, We know that Ufone offer unlimited GPRS plan for Rs. 600 (excluding taxes).
And if you are using standard GPRS plans (Rs. 15 + tax per MB), even then internet on Laptop/PC with Ufone’s GPRS can be handy, especially while you are on the go or when there is no other ineternet means.
NOTE: Please confirm GPRS pricing, before you use it with you PC//Laptop, otherwise your bill will hit its limit very quickly.
Using your mobile With Ufone Connection as a modem on Window XP
You can connect your mobile phone with your laptop by
1. Using infrared link
2. Using data cable
1. Subscription to GPRS is a prerequisite, (meaning that you must have GPRS active for your Ufone) make sure that you are subscribed to GPRS. To know how to subscribe to GPRS for your Ufone Number, click here
2. Make sure that you have installed your handset drivers on your desktop/laptop. These drivers come in the CD that was with Mobile Phone when you purchased it
3. In case of connecting through data cable, make sure the data cable is attached and the mobile is detected by the computer
4. Other way, you can also connect Via Infra Red. (not recommended) in this case confirm that the handset supports IR reception and same is available on your laptop
5. Now we assume that you have connected your phone with your Desktop PC or laptop. And device drivers are installed, and GPRS is active for your Ufone number…!
6. If you are done with these things, then you are ready to follow the rest of process…read on
Okay seems, now you have all necessary things with you in order to connect internet on PC/Laptop with help of Ufone GPRS. So keep on reading to complete the tutorial.
(Hey, don’t ask me that i didn’t mention handset, Ufone connection and a PC or Laptop; yea these are must have things, i know you are not dumb)
Step 1: Configuring your Phone Modem to use Internet: Go to the Control Panel and
Double click Phone and Modem Options
Once you double click on modems, Following window will appear..
1. Click on the Modems Tab on the top.
2. You will see a list of modems installed in your PC
3. Select the “GSM” phone Modem and click on properties (don’t worry if you see a different set of modems on this window. like you can have Samsung GSM Modem, Blackberry, Sony Ericsson W200 GSM etc.. the idea is to select your GSM modem for whatever phone you are using)
4. Now click on the Advanced Tab on the top.
Here you will see following Window
1. In the Extra initialization command field write the following string
2. After adding the command please Click ok and ok again.
NOTE: Please do not copy paste the mentioned string, Only manual typing is required.
For Post Paid:
For Pre Paid
For U-Mail Account
Note: Please note that don’t omit or add any spaces, commas, quotes or anything. type this string as it is..Now Press on Okay, save and close all windows
Step 2: Creating Dialup Connection
Now Again go into Control Panel, and make a new Dialup Connection
, by clicking on “Network Connections button”.
Follow other settings as shown in the figures below
In network Connection, click on Create a new connection
(this option is available in “Network Tasks” on top of left menu)
While clicking on “Create a new Connection” following windows will appear.
Simple press Next on first window
Select Connect to the internet
Now following two windows will appear, select “Set up connection Mannualy” click next
In next window select “Connect to internet Using Dial-up Modem”…Click Next
Select your phone from the list of modems installed in your PC
, Click next
Give the connection any name of your liking
, Click Next
Phone number is: *99***1#
Leave both User name and Password blank
Uncheck “Make this the default internet connection” as the figure below shows,
Click on finish…!
Until now, you have successfully added dial up connection, now lets connect this Laptop / PC with internet…!
Step 3: Connecting to internet
Go into “Network Connections” from Control Panel or Desktop, and click on Connection XYZ, that you just made
Simply press “Dial” and start enjoying internet browsing…! That’s it
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. For feedback, or in case you are still facing problems in connecting to Internet with Your Ufone GPRS, let me know…!
Have a look at the updated Samsung Mobiles Price in Pakistan (we are daily adjusting our prices to the market).