Ufone has partnered with Habib Bank Limited to offer post paid connections to HBL credit card holders with special rates plus free handsets. Rates are not that special in fact, as line rent is kept high, but calling rates may beat every other cellular package by Ufone itself and othre companies too.
Idea of giving out free handset with mobile connections was tried by Ufone itself and other cellular companies too, but that was for low end market with subsdized handsets. However, in this case, they are offering high end handsets like Nokia N78, Blackberry Curve 8320 and 8310 too.
As i mentioned earlier, line rent is kept high for all four packages available – meaning that you will be charged on monthly basis, and for minimum of two years. Yes, you will have to sign a 2 year contract in order to get this package and free handset.
Also note that there are around 20 models of mobile phones available for different packages. But first let’s look at tariff
Package Plans (All Rates are for 30 Second pulse)
|Package||line rent||Ufone to Ufone||Other Mobile||PTCL||Free Minutes||Free sms||sms|
Note: Package information displayed on Ufone’s website is incorrect as free minutes are called Free SMS there. But i have counter checked this and made sure that all packages come with Free Minutes. By the way, i have informed their helpline about this typo. Also, Ufone didn’t mention that these rates are for 30 seconds pulse.
Clearly, both on-net and off-net calls are offered at good rates. Also number of free minutes and SMS, somehow justify line rent.
What Handset options are available?
You are given with couple of options for handsets, depending on package you choose.
Package 1: Nokia 1680, Nokia 2630, Samsung M150
Package 2: Samsung M620, Samsung E251, Sony Ericsson R300, Sony Ericsson T303
Package 3: Nokia 6300, Nokia 3500 (C), Nokia N72, Sony Ericsson W350
Package 4: Nokia 5310, Nokia 5610, Nokia N70 ME, Sony Ericsson K770
Package 5: Nokia N78 – 2 GB, Nokia N – 81 8 GB, BlackBerry ® CurveTM 8320,
BlackBerry ® CurveTM 8310
Offer seems attractive… isn’t it? Okay there is a good news too if you are already a Ufone customer, and that you can associate your in-use Ufone number with your HBL Credit Card and can switch over to these packages. Along with you will be qualified to get free handset too ; -)
Let’s see if such offers with free handsets come for regular customers too – apparently, this could be done only with Banks as they have a comparatively reliable system for tracking customers’ in case of non-payments.
Terms and Conditions
- All current and new HBL CreditCard Holders are eligible for this offer.
- All current and new Ufone Postpay customers can avail this offer by applying for HBL CreditCard.
- Customers are required to sign an undertaking.
- Accordingly customer’s monthly charges will appear automatically on the HBL Creditard statement.
- HBL and the customer will be required to adhere to the terms and conditions of the contract for a two-year period for any one of the 5 plans applied for by the customer.
- HBL reserves the right to refuse any application.
- Handset models are subject to change based on their availability. In case the selected handset is not available, customers can choose from the same package.
- Handsets will be delivered within 15 days of application approval.
Customers can call HBL PhoneBanking at 111-111-425 for further information.