Warid came up with another Instant messaging solution, this time it doesn’t even require GPRS, now you can enjoy “Instant Messenger over SMS” & chat with you buddies on MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger & Googletalk just by sending SMS’s.
How you do it?
Just send <EmailAddress>space<EmailPassword> to 1126 in an SMS.
For example: [email protected]<space>123 and send it to 1126, the password is always the password of your Hotmail, Yahoo or Google account that you are trying to sign in to. After logging in the user will be able sent a list of his online friends with whom he can talk via SMS. User needs to have an already made MSN, Yahoo or Google account before they can login.
When the user logs into the service the system will send them a list of their online friends. From this list the user can choose which friend they wish to talk with. After a connection with that friend is established the user can talk to him by simply replying to his messages.
Some useful commands (send these commands to 1126 in an SMS)
- <EmailAddress> <EmailPassword> (to login to a new account)
- ON (to sign in to all saved accounts)
- OFF (to sign off from all saved accounts)
- FRIENDS (to receive online friends list)
- ACC (to view all saved accounts)
- REMOVE <EmailAddress> (to remove an account from saved accounts)
- HELP (to receive commands list and get service introduction)
- STATUS (to change your status to online, busy or do not disturb)
- Every sms to 1126 is charged Rs.1+tax
- The service supports all popular messaging clients like MSN, Yahoo! And Google Talk.
- The service does not require an internet connection on your phone.
- The user will get charged for logging in and out of you the application and sending messages to his friends. The messages sent by your friends to you are not charged.
- To log out the user must send OFF to 1126. The user is automatically logged out after 24 hours.
- When the user logs in to any unsaved account they will be given the option to save it.
- You cannot create your account through the service.