Djuice said that the the aim for competition is to promote apps development in Pakistan on platforms such as Apple iOS, Google Android and Nokia’s Symbian among others.
The launch of the competition was announced at a bloggers meet-up in Karachi which was attended by representatives from Telenor Pakistan and Djuice including Ahmed Nadeem Pasha, Telenor Pakistan’s Regional Director South-1 region.
Usman Javaid, Director Marketing Djuice & Telenor Pakistan in a message at the launch said: “Djuice Apportunity, which is now in its second year, is fast becoming the platform of choice for amateur Pakistani app developers to exhibit their talent. We hope to continue to provide opportunities to the talented youth of Pakistan to enable them to excel in their fields.”
Last year, 460 apps were registered by developers in 63 cities. This year Djuice Apportunity teams in partnership with Nokia, Google and Qualcom will conduct app development workshops in 60 colleges and universities in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad.
How to Participate:
You can get yourself registered by clicking this link. Once registered, you will be guided through the process of developing and submitting your app.
Categories of apps
- Basic & Utilities
- Education & Learning
- Friends & Social
- Games & Fun
- Green & Environment
- Location & Presence
- Music & Tones
- Urdu & Regional
- Khamoshi ka Boycott – the special category where you have to develop an app that aims to help a social cause
How will djuice support you
- Making sure your app is usable, friendly and runs on all handsets
- Getting it published on global app stores
- Helping you promote your app
- Helping you make money from your app
- Rewarding best downloads with exciting prizes like ipads, monetary scholarships, free mobile internet and much more
- We have partnered with PB (Islamabad), VectraCom (Karachi) and Anahata (Lahore) to help you improve your apps as they’ll act as mentors for you throughout the program
App development platforms
You can work on any of the following platforms for your app: Java, Android, Symbian, iOS.
- free air-time.
Participating universities with the most apps developed and the highest number of apps downloaded will be able to win Djuice Mobile Labs set up with Apple hardware, shields and gold medals for their app developers who will also get preferred internships at Djuice/Telenor Pakistan offices.