Although the huge Ascend Mate is a great product, the star of the show in Huawei’s camp at CES was the Ascend D2, Huawei’s flagship phone. Just like most of its competitors, it also packs a 5 inch display with Full HD resolution but unlike its bigger brother, Ascend Mate, it is a lot more portable.
Huawei Ascend D2 runs on Android 4.1 and features a 5-inch FHD IPS+ 443 PPI Super Retina LCD display, Huawei’s K3V2 1.5 GHz quad-core CPU and a 13 MP BSI camera.
Huawei Ascend D2 packs a few features which the Ascend Mate hasn’t got. Full specifications for the Ascend D2 are:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI
- 5 inch LCD Full HD display with 441 ppi and IPS technology
- Multitouch, capacitive touchscreen with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Weight: 170g
- Thickness: 9.4mm
- Dust and water proof
- 1.5Ghz Quad-core processor with Huawei K3V2 chipset
- 2GB RAM with 32GB non-expandable storage
- 13mp autofocus camera with LED Flash and Full HD video recording with HDR
- 1.3mp 720p front-facing camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0, Wifi, Wifi-hotspot
- 3000 mAh battery
- Available in Crystal Blue and Pure White colors
- “Fast charging tech” for quicker charging
Perhaps the biggest difference between the Ascend Mate and D2 is the dust and water resistance of the latter one. The Full HD screen resolution of the D2 on a smaller screen will also make things appear notably sharper on this phone rather than on Ascend Mate.
The phone is expected to be released in the first quarter of 2013. No word is currently given on its pricing.