Yes this is how big the screens of our phones are becoming nowadays. The Huawei Ascend Mate is breaking all records in terms of dimensions with its gigantic 6.1 inch display, which is huge even when compared to the Galaxy Note II and other Phablets of recent times.
The good thing here will be that this phone will be the dream device for heavy Smartphone gamers and people who like stuff related to entertainment. The Hauwei Ascend Mate features 1.5 GHz Hi-Silicon quad-core processor and a 4050 mAh battery.
Here are the full specifications:
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean customized with Emotion UI
- 6.1 inches display with 720p resolution with 241 ppi
- Multitouch, capacitive display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Micro-sim card slot
- Thickness: 9.9mm
- Weight: 198g
- Quad-core 1.5 Ghz processor with Huawei’s K3V2 chipset and 2GB RAM
- Expandable memory
- 8mp camera and LED Flash
- Full HD 1080p video recording with HDR
- Front facing 1mp HD camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wifi, Wifi Hotspot, microUSB 2.0, GPS
- 4050 mAh battery
- Available in Crystal Black and Pure White flavors
Now the device will obviously raise some portability issues because the device’s size might make it difficult to fit comfortably in some hands let alone pockets.
It is expected to be realised in Q1 of 2013. No info on the pricing has been released yet.