Management Team of Etisalat, Ufone, PTCL and Ubank at the launch ceremony of Upaisa
Ufone recently launched its branchless banking services under the brand name ‘Upaisa’.
With Upaisa, customers will have access to the easiest way to conduct their financial transactions. The financial services that come under the Upaisa brand include Mobile Account, Money Transfer and Utility Bills Payment.
These services are not limited to Ufone subscribers alone; in fact customers of any mobile network operator can use Upaisa over the counter service.
Salman Wassay Chief Commercial Officer Ufone said “We are the last to enter the mobile financial services area but we have a product that is sure to speak to the masses. Customers have a lot to look forward to, and as always Ufone is sure to offer services no other telecom provider has offered yet or in the near future.”
Upaisa is the first brand to launch its services with more than 9000 operational retail outlets which has ensured a detailed orientation of the product for the retailer. The brand promise is innovation hence every step has been taken to ensure that customers have the most technologically advanced, user friendly and trouble free experience.
Here are the services that UPaisa offers:
- Mobile Account to Mobile Account (Both Sender and Receiver are UPaisa Mobile Account Holders)
- Mobile Account to CNIC (If the receiving person does not have a Mobile Account)
- CNIC to Mobile Account (If the sending person does not have a Mobile Account)
Utility Bill Payment (22 Utility Billing Companies)
- KESC (Karachi Electric Supply Company)
- HESCO (Hyderabad Electric Supply Company)
- IESCO (Islamabad Electric Supply Company)
- MEPCO (Multan Electric Power Company)
- FESCO (Faisalabad Electric Supply Company)
- LESCO (Lahore Electric Supply Company)
- GEPCO (Gujranwala Electric Supply Company)
- PESCO (Peshawar Electric Supply Company)
- QESCO (Quetta Electric Supply Company)
- SEPCO (Sukkur Electric Power Company)
- PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited)
- SSGC (Sui Southern Gas Company)
- SNGPL (Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Ltd)
- KWSB (Karachi Water and Sewerage Board)
- LWASA (Lahore Water and Sanitation Agency)
- FWASA (Faisalabad Water and Sanitation Agency)
- RWASA (Rawalpindi Water and Sanitation Agency)
- MWASA (Multan Water and Sanitation Agency)
- BWASA (Bahawalpur Water and Sanitation Agency)
- GWASA (Gujranwala Water and Sanitation Agency)
- CDGK (City District Government Karachi)
- Cash Deposit (Cash Deposit to Mobile Account)
- Cash Withdrawal – Withdrawal of Cash from Mobile Account
- Purchase Air Time – UPaisa Account Holder can Top Up his own or someone else’s Ufone Number with Air time.
- Pay Postpay Bill – A Mobile Account Holder can Pay his own or someone else’s Postpay Bill.
If you would like to get your very own UPaisa mobile Account visit any Ufone Sales and Service Centers, Ufone Franchise or UBank branch.
Here are the service charges for CNIC to CNIC fund transfers.
- Fee for Rs. 1 to Rs. 2,500: Rs. 100
- Fee for Rs. 2,501 to Rs. 4,000: Rs. 150
- Fee for Rs. 4,001 to Rs. 7,000: Rs. 220
- Fee for Rs. 7,001 to Rs. 10,000: Rs. 360
- Fee for Rs. 10,001 to Rs. 15,000: Rs. 480
All above mentioned prices are including taxes. There are no extra charges for paying utility bills.