Have you been waiting for days and weeks, hoping that someone will pass by and notice the “for sale” sign on your car window? Well, the internet has revolutionized the way people buy and sell cars. You can now use video broadcasting sites such as Youtube, social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and more importantly, online car classified sites to make an effective online sales pitch. But is it enough just to simply showcase your car online? Certainly not. Carmudi, one of the fastest ways to sell your car online, offers expert advice on how to sell your car online.
Know the market. Optimise.
You need to know the nuts and bolts of the car market to make a quick sale. With the right amount of knowledge, you can sell your car at a much better price.
- Set an appropriate price: Before setting the price, consider the manufacturer, model, mileage, interior and exterior condition of your car. Check the depreciation value or get a rough estimate through Money Zine for the resale value of your ride.
- Add-ons add value: Add-ons can add a couple of hundred dollars to the value of your car. So if you have invested in built-in navigation systems, mobile electronics such as in car DVD ”infotainment” systems, sunroofs, moon roofs, intelligent keys or body kits such as bed liners, fascias, grilles, step bars, running boards, brush guards, fog lights, tail light treatments and legal window tinting, do include their value in your resale price.
Presentation matters. Buff your car.
It is important to make sure your car is looking its best and is cleaner than ever before.
- Wash it: Wash it yourself, although it might be worth taking your car to a professional car wash if it is an expensive car. A car wash may cost you a bit but it will build a great first impression and can add hundreds of dollars to your car’s value.
- Click hi-res pictures: Make sure to present your car to the buyer using at least 4 but ideally 8 high quality pictures.
- Get the paperwork in order: Use a template contract as it can save you lots of time, and can create the impression that you are a serious seller. Here is a sample template
Tell the buyers everything. No lies!
When completing the description for your car, write as much detail as possible and use descriptive keywords to ensure clarity and accurate information for the buyer.
- Give detailed specs: State the vehicle type, make, model, year, series, edition, condition, mileage, colour, price. For example, a good description would be 2011 Toyota Prius Two, Silver, 18,000 mileage, excellent condition, PKR 17,00,000. Try to avoid simply stating just the manufacturer and model 2011 Toyota Prius Two. It’s too bland and does not attract attention.
- Use keywords: Instead of just stating the car is Green, include whether it is Matte, Metallic or Acrylic Green. Similarly, if the seats are made from Suede Leather, then state it. This is more attractive than simply stating the seats are leather. Avoid using words such as WOW or LOOK and . never use caps lock.
- Offer test drives: It will assure the buyers that you are not hiding anything. This is the most important bit in closing a car sale.
Stay responsive. No excuses.
The quicker you are to respond to an interested buyer, the better your chances will be of making a sale.
- Give your legit contact details: Provide your name, city and region, email address and contact number to arrange a meeting with the buyer. If a buyer contacts you, respond right away. If you take too long to respond, the buyer will take it that your car has been sold and might search elsewhere.
- Use car classified sites that send alerts: Sites such as Carmudi offer push notifications straight to your mobile phone device. This means that the seller will not miss any chance at getting potential buyers.
So if you are looking to sell your car online, you could do it on www.carmudi.pk – it is fast and hassle-free.