The news that we all were waiting for is finally here: Warid is all set to launch its public trials for its 4G LTE services, we have confirmed with sources.
In the first phase, starting next week, postpaid customers of Warid will be offered free 4G LTE service as a trial. And yes, 4G services during trials will be FREE.
Almost all postpaid customers who are living in covered areas plus if they have 4G enabled handsets will be eligible to experience Warid’s 4G LTE services.
So here is how you can enjoy Warid’s 4G Trials:
- You need to be a postpaid customer
- You need to have Warid’s 4G SIM (instead of usual old SIM)
- You need to be with-in Warid’s 4G coverage areas
We are told that Warid has started delivering 4G compatible SIMs to those customers who have 4G enabled handsets and if they live in 4G coverage areas. Our sources tell that this process of upgrading customers’ SIMs will get completed before the start of trials.
So if you are a postpaid customer and yet you have not received a Warid 4G SIM then you are probably not in coverage area.
According to the details we have received, Warid will offer 4G LTE trials in six cities of Pakistan including: Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Rawalpindi (mainly the Bahria Town). I can tell you – from the coverage maps I have seen — that Warid’s 4G coverage is good and they are planning to expand their 4G LTE footprint in other cities.
Here’s how to check whether you are in 4G coverage area or not:
- Send an SMS: 4G to 5555 to get coverage details of your location,
Alternatively, use following method:
- Go to Setting-> Network Selection -> Manual Search
Here if you get “Warid LTE” network sign, then you are in Warid’s 4G coverage area. Not to mention, if you are postpaid user and if you are getting this sign and yet you have not been delivered an upgraded 4G SIM then go ahead and dial 321 to get yours.
We are told that this trials will be stretched to prepaid subscriber base in the next phase. Company will be offering the option to general users to get their SIMs replaced from Warid offices to be part of the 4G trials.
Not to mention, previously corporate customers had been offered the 4G trials, and now its postpaid customer who will experience 4G trials. Prepaid customers are next, most probably in couple of weeks’ time.
Must Note Things:
- Data Services during 4G Trials are free
- Data services under 2G network mode (GPRS/EDGE) aren’t free, so make sure you are on 4G or buy a 2G bundle along with to avoid any surprises
- Postpaid customers who have 4G handsets and if they are in coverage areas can get 4G SIMs from Warid Business Centres, or alternatively you can call 321 to get your 4G SIM delivered to your door step.
- Doorstep SIM delivery can take couple of weeks
- iPhone users have to update IOS 8 for smooth 4G functionality
- When you insert a 4G SIM, you will get this text as a confirmation for 4G Trial subscription: Enjoy the ultimate internet experience with Warid during FREE 4G trial phase. You will be informed once trial period ends. Standard 2G data charges apply
Keep watching this space for more updates on this.