Ufone has decided to step into the ecommerce business with the launch of Umall, an online shopping portal that promises to offer a wide range of products online with a wide array of payment methods and consumer-friendly return policies.
The portal is currently in beta and is expected to make its debut soon.
Primarily Umall would be a B2C portal, meaning that all sorts of businesses can get themselves registered with Umall to start selling their products over the internet. Customers will be able to browse through a range of categories to shop online and pay through various available payment options.
Ufone has said that it will ensure the quality and originality of products by careful scrutinization of all the businesses before listing them on Umall.
Moreover, consumers will be offered 7 day returns, free shipping, replacement of one product with another, arguably making Umall the best online shopping destination in Pakistan.
Umall – Service Highlights
- A multi-brand B2C online shopping store
- Free shipping on orders over PKR 2500
- 7 day return policy
- Replacement of one product with another
- Money back guarantee (into the buyer’s Upaisa account)
- Protection to provide peace of mind for buyers regarding their payments, delivery and quality of product as per description
- 24/7 Customer services over voice and chat
- Direct communication between buyers and retailers for product related queries
Umall Product Categories
Products on Umall are offered across ten categories. Right now the product catalogue is pretty sparse but that should change as soon as the site goes out of beta.
Customers will be able to browse and search products both category wise and brand wise.
Here are the categories for product offerings:
- Apparel & Accessories
- Home & Garden
- Bags & Shoes
- Jewelry & Watches
- Beauty & Health
- Toys, Kids & Baby
- Sports & Entertainment
Besides these categories, Umall will also offer sub malls or dedicated portals for big brands. So besides the above mentioned categories, you will find dedicated sub-portals for larger brands with all their products.
Payment Methods on Umall:
Presently, Umall offers 3 different payment methods to its customers i.e.
- Cash on Delivery (COD),
- UPaisa Mobile Account
- Payment through UPaisa Shop.
Anyone can pay via UPaisa by visiting any of the UPaisa outlets in Pakistan. UPaisa has more than 27,000 outlets nationwide.
For payment through UPaisa Mobile Account, a customer must be a Ufone network user.
In addition to above mentioned payment methods, down the line, Umall also plans to bring more payment methods (Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Prepaid Cards etc.).
UMall -Customer Service
- UMall customer service center will be available 24-hours a day to answer & entertain customer queries
- Each new order will be confirmed by UMall CSR through an out bound call
- Customer will be able to ask query via Call and/or online chat
- Customer service will also cater to claims which haven’t been settled mutually between retailer and customer
Umall will be available on Android from day one. Umall App will allow consumers to make purchases in three simple steps:
- Add items in the shopping cart
- Enter Shipping Details
- Select payment method and that’s it
With Umall app, users will be able:
- To track their orders placed on Umall
- Get alerts of new products and offers, directly on their phones
- Write reviews and rate their favorite products
- Receive product suggestions based on shopping history
- Share products details with friends and family on social media
- Buy with confidence, knowing that all transactions are secure
How to Get Listed on Umall
Umall, due to the sheer magnitude of Ufone’s business, offers an extremely lucrative and unique proposition for big and small brands alike to get listed on Umall to reach millions of potential customers.
Umall will have dedicated sub-malls (or say dedicated portals) for established brands to sell their products through its platform. At the same time it offers a huge opportunity for small and medium sized businesses to market their brands/products on Umall to reach an audience which they would not have otherwise.
If you are a business and want to sell your products on Umall, simply fill ‘Sell on Umall’ form available on umall.pk to start the process.