After announcing its first camera exclusively for self-portrait lovers last year, Sony is back in 2015 with the successor to the first entry, the Xperia C4. However, improvements can be seen in a lot more areas than expected this time.
First up, the main attraction is carried over in the same shape as last year. We are obviously talking about the 5 mp HD camera. The complementing LED Flash, which remains a unique feature almost a year later, is also here.
Secondly, the display, though, the same size as before at 5.5” now comes with 1080p resolution rather than 720p. It is also scratch-resistant.
There is also a change of materials under the hood so instead of quad-core Snapdragon 400 processors, now you get MT6752 octa-core chipset with 2 GB RAM. The OS running is customized Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The back camera is now an improved 16 MP unit with LED Flash and 1080p video.
Connectivity options include NFC, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS.
- CPU: 1.7 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: 64-bit MediaTek MT6752
- OS: Customized Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- SIM: Optional Dual-SIM version
- 5.5” IPS LCD with 1080p resolution
- Scratch-resistant and Mobile Bravia Engine 2
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB
- Primary: 13 megapixel with LED Flash and 1080p video
- Secondary: 5 megapixel camera with LED Flash
- Connectivity: 4G, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Wi-Fi and Radio
- Battery: 2,600 mAh, non-removable
- Colours: Black, White and Green
The phone will be available from next month in Black, White and Green but pricing details are unknown as of yet.