Coinciding with its 10th anniversary, Warid has become Pakistan’s largest 4G LTE network in less than 6 months. The company was the only one in Pakistan to directly transform from 2G to 4G LTE technology.
Warid Telecom has established its network in 1200 cities throughout Pakistan, with 4G LTE network now expanded to 12 major cities, and continuing. A particular point of pride for the company is entire coverage of the motorway service areas with its 4G LTE network.
Other important services include balance share, whereby balance can be requested for and transferred regardless of the type of connection (prepaid or postpaid). Moreover, brands such as “Glow” are quite popularity amongst the youth of Pakistan.
In order to secure its link to the subscribers and to make life more feasible and economical, the company has also come up with a safe and reliable mobile banking brand, Mobile Paisa. With this, all Warid subscribers have mobile baking readily available at their fingertips on the go.
Here are some of the salient points from the company’s 10 years in operation:
- Having launched 4G LTE on December 26th 2014, Warid has achieved more than 90,000 LTE customers in less than 6 months
- Covered 1200 cities throughout Pakistan. 4G LTE network expanded to 12 major cities of Pakistan while whole of motorway service areas are covered with 4G LTE.
- Achieved highest number of Postpaid customers in the industry = 644,555
- Service Excellence: PTA Report 2014- Warid had least number of complaints in FY14 – Having the most satisfied customers in the industry
- PTA Quality test report – Warid achieved highest Call Completion Ratio [Attained 99.4% (Target set by PTA = 98%)]
- PTA Quality test report – Highest Call Quality [Attained = 3.19 (Target set by PTA = 3)]
- Established a secure mobile banking brand – Mobile Paisa
- Has the most loved youth brand in the country – “Glow by Warid”
- Warid Sales and Service Centres network
- Business Centres: 12
- Franchises: 355
- Retailers: 130,000
- International Roaming
- International Roaming Destinations = 152 Countries
- International Roaming partners = 280 Worldwide
- GPRS roamers = 206 Operators in 121 Countries
- Maritime roaming partners = On-Waves (52 vessels globally – both cruise ships and large ferries) & AT&T (152 cruise ships globally)
- Prepaid International Roaming Partners = 102 operators in 60 countries
- First time launched Data Sharing Plans and introduced 4G LTE Mifi/Wingles devices
- Industry first Balance share – transfer & request [pre-post/ pre-pre/post-pre/post-post]
- Warid rebranding as part of its 10 year celebration with 3W launch
Commenting on the company’s 10 years of service excellence, Mr. Muneer Farooqui, CEO of Warid Telecom, said:
Over the past decade, we at Warid Telecom have established ourselves as pioneers amongst innovative cellular service providers. Recently, we expanded into LTE services and became the largest and fastest growing LTE network in less than 6 months.
The foundation of Warid’s success lies with our devoted employees and loyal customers. It is their support which has led Warid to become the most trusted brand of Pakistan. I am also thankful to our stakeholders for their trust, to our honourable Chairman His Highness Sheikh Nahayan Mabarak al Nahayan, Board of Directors, and all our business associates involved in making Warid a success.