Warid Telecom has announced the launch of the industry’s first shared plans with its LTE MiFi today.
The MiFi device functions as a portable wireless router that can connect up to 10 smartphones, tablets or laptops, whereby users will have access to LTE speed internet on the go in all major cities around Pakistan.
Warid has said that MiFi devices are secure as no other device can access the network without authentication by the MiFi owner.
Not just that, the battery life of MiFi devices goes up to six hours adding to the customer’s convenience.
An initial cost of Rs. 9,999 acquires the MiFi device with an LTE enabled SIM as well as an entitlement to 35GB worth of free internet every month for three months consecutively.
A further option of three plans is given in the range of 15-35GB priced between Rs. 1,500 and 3,000.
- Mifi Smart: Rs. 1,500 — 15GB Monthly Limit
- Mifi Extra: Rs. 2,000 — 20GB Monthly Limit
- Mifi Smart: Rs. 3,000 — 35GB Monthly Limit
This offer available is for all Warid customers and can be opted for by using Warid’s online portal and logging in with your mobile number.
Shared LTE Plans
Warid has become the first operator in Pakistan to introduce shared LTE plans, with which customers — both prepaid and postpaid — can choose up to two additional Warid numbers to share an internet plan and a common bill whenever and wherever they are.
Shared plans are applicable to both LTE device as well as MiFi device users.
As an example, if there’s is a customer and he has 35GB of monthly data limit then he can go to Warid’s online portal to add up to two additional numbers to share this quota of 35GBs and those two shared numbers won’t be charged anything for the internet.
Mr. Asim Ali, Director Pricing, Segments & VAS at Warid Telecom, while commenting on this industry-first said,
“We are committed to delivering the state-of-the-art technology that empowers our customers and makes their lives easier.
Warid MiFi is designed to connect users to the mobile Internet with their own portable hotspot, so they can stay connected to the people and information important to them.”
Here are some images at the TVC shoot of Fowad Khan, the new brand ambassador of Warid LTE, following Shahid Afradi in their first TV commercial.
MiFi Terms and Conditions:
- As per Fair Usage Policy, only 35GB/month can be used.
- MiFi operates on Warid’s LTE network only.
- Internet usage can be monitored through the web self-service portal
- Mifi device broadcasts WiFi connectivity for a distance of up to 30 ft.
- You will continue to access GPRS/EDGE services in areas where LTE coverage is not available.
- For Prepaid Customers: Package change option is available on web self-service portal
- For Postpaid Customers: Please call 321 or nearest Franchise/Business Center for further assistance.
- Shared internet plans will be available on MiFi by default. Secondary connections can be managed through the web self-service portal
- There can be a maximum of two secondary connections with a MiFi shared internet plan.
- Shared devices can be added/modified/deleted from the web self-service portal
- If you do not have a LTE compatible handset you can still share the data on a 2G secondary device as well as long as primary device is MiFi or a mobile with an activated LTE shared internet plan.
- If your Primary internet data allowance is consumed, overage charging will apply to the MiFi device. A Secondary device will be switched to individual plan selected or default charging.
- MiFi comes with built-in security features that ensure optimum security for your device. There is a unique Wifi key affixed to each device; used as the network connectivity key, compulsory for network authentication. No devices/users can access the device without proper network authentication.
- SSID and Network/Wifi key can be found at the back of the device and can be read by removing the back cover of the Mifi device