Plagiarism Checker X has been selected into Bolt, a European technology accelerator. The Pakistani startup will join the program next month in Malaga, Spain.
Duplicate content is a serious problem quite common in academia and content based professions and Plagiarism Checker X aims to identify exactly that. They provide a free and paid version of their software which differs from competition in the sense that it doesn’t require users to upload content to their servers.
Once the 3 month Bolt program concludes, the team will have a chance to remain in Europe and enlist the accelerator’s help to secure funding.
For its services, Bolt takes 3% equity of selected startups. Depending on performance, Bolt and its investor network also have the option to fund 20,000 Euros for a further 6% of the startup’s equity.
In exchange, Bolt offers some pretty fantastic returns. Here’s a rundown.
- Seed investment up to a maximum of 20.000 euros per team.
- 3 months free coworking space at the Bolt location (could be extended).
- A service package from sponsors and partners (Microsoft, Paypal, Amazon etc.).
- A global mentorship-driven program with events and training pills.
- Access to international investors at the Bolt Investor Day
This is another indication that Pakistani startups have begun to be appreciated in more than just local circles. Recently, Markhor got selected in Y Combinator and everything points towards the fact that scaling beyond our borders is starting to become less of an issue for our startups.