Huawei Mate S has finally been made official at IFA 2015. The new smartphone is based on the Huawei Mate 7 but it improves on it with better specs and features.
Mate S comes with a display of 5.5-inch AMOLED display of 1080p resolution. The display is covered by a 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4. The phone uses a Force Touch sensor which enables the Knuckle control feature version 2.0. Only the Premium models of the Mate S will get the Force Touch display with added gestures. A fingerprint scanner is located at the back with a Mate 7 like implementation but is 2 times faster.
The new flagship phablet is powered by Huawei’s fastest SoC, the Kirin 935, which also powers the Honor 7 line. It is accompanied by 3GB of RAM and storage options starting with 32GB and going all the way up to 128GB. The phone runs on Android 5.1.1 with EMUI 3.1 on top.
The main camera features a 13MP sensor that supports Optical Image Stabilisation and improved low light photography thanks to the RGBW array and a dedicated image signal processor. The front camera is an 8MP shooter with a soft LED light. Both cameras can now utilize a professional camera mode with advanced controls.
The phone is 7.2mm thin and comes with only a 2,700mAh battery that is supposed to last a day, according to Huawei.
Huawei Mate S Specifications:
- CPU: 64-bit Quad-core 2.2 GHz & quad-core 1.5 GHz
- GPU: Mali-T628 MP4
- Chipset: Huawei HiSilicon Kirin 935
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with EMUI 3.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 75.3 x 7.2mm
- Weight: 156 grams
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p resolution (401 ppi)
- Gorilla glass 4 with anti-fingerprint coating
- AMOLED display with Force Touch
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Internal: 32/64/128 GB
- Card slot: expandable by 128 GB via microSD
- Primary: 13MP with 1080p video, OIS, HDR and Dual LED Flash
- Secondary: 8MP with LED Flash
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Dual-Sim optional, FM radio, Fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 2,700 mAh
- Colors: Various including pink, gold and silver
- Price: 649/699 Euros
The phone will be available in Europe starting September 15th with a price tag starting at 649 Euros from the Standard version and 699 Euros for the Premium versions. Availability in Pakistan is expected to be from next month.