Monami, a fintech startup with special focus for Middle Eastern & South Asian markets, is launching in Pakistan through Digital Gift Cards and Physical Gift Cards for variety of services including iTunes, Xbox, Google Play, Steam, Dota2, Club Penguin, Skype, Facebook and more.
Billed as “CardWalla”, service is all set to launch starting next week after which anyone would be able to buy Gift Cards for variety of online services through Bank Alfalah Internet Banking, 24/7 Convenience Stores in Lahore and shophive.com.
With time, Monami has said, more digital and offline retail partners — including Mobile Paisa, Easypaisa, MobiCash etc. and online stores will be included to make the CardWalla Gift Cards available to wider audience throughout Pakistan.
CardWalla, at the time of launch, will offer Gift Cards for following services:
- Amazon (USA Store): $10, $15, $25, $50, $100, $250 cards
- Club Penguin
- Facebook: $15 and $25 cards
- Gilt: 50$
- Google Play: 10$, $15, $ 25, $50 cards
- iTunes (USA Store): $5, $10, $15, $25, $50, $100 cards
- Minecraft Game Card
- Netflix: 30$ and $60 cards
- Nintendo: 10$, $20, $35, $50 cards
- PlayStation Network: 10$, $25 and $50 cards
- Skype: 10$ and $25 cards
- Steam (Malaysia Store): 5$ to $60 Cards
- XBox: 15$, 25$ and 50$ Cards
- Xbox Live
How to Use Gift Cards
CardWalla gift cards will enable those without any credit or debit cards to buy apps from Google Pay or iTunes, or to buy products from Skype, Facebook advertising and so on.
So if you want to buy an app from Google Play, here’s how you go about it:
- Get CardWalla gift card from any physical retail partner of Monami, or through partner websites or through mobile app
- Use these cards on any online store/service you want to use to ‘fund your account’.
- Card denomination will be deposited into your account (Google Play for example) and any purchases will be made from that account.
- If you loaded a $10 card and consumed $6 then your account balance will be $4 and that will be sitting in your own Google Play account.
Monami is in process of finalizing the prices, but here’s how they may look like:
- $5 for Rs. 650
- $10 for Rs. 1,300
- $15 for Rs. 19,00
- and so on
Where to Buy?
As mentioned above, CardWalla Gift Cards can be bought from:
- Bank AlFalah Internet Banking
- 24/7 Convenience Stores in Lahore
This list of places from where you can buy Gift Cards will grow with time. Monami said that this service is aimed for up market and they are making efforts to make these cards available at more retail outlets throughout country.