It seems that if you’re looking to buy a new phone on a budget, soon you won’t even consider a non-Chinese brand. Because the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 comes with great specs at an even attractive price.
Presenting the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
The phone comes with a metal finish, large display, blazing processor and a fingerprint scanner. The front boasts a massive 5.5” display with 1080p resolution. The build is done with aluminum, which is just 8.65 mm thick at thickest point, and weighs 164g.
Under the hood, you get the new MediaTek Helio X10 octa-core processor, along with two combinations of RAM and storage:
- 2 GB RAM with 16 GB storage, or
- 3 GB with 32 GB storage
At the back is a 13-megapixel camera with 1080p video recording, HDR mode and a dual-tone flash. It also boasts face detection and autofocus. The front packs a 1080p 5 MP camera. The back also holds a fingerprint scanner, which is claimed to unlock phone in 0.3 seconds.
Connectivity options are well-rounded with Wi-Fi ac, GPS, Bluetooth LE and USB-OTG.
The phone will start at an incredible $140 for the 16 GB model, or $172 for the 32 GB one with 3 GB RAM. Given prices hardly remain the same outside China, this is still half the price which we’ve come to expect for a phone like this. It will be available in Gold, Silver and Gray.
Full Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
- Chipset: Helio X10
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop with MIUI 7.0
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Design: Metal (aluminum) finish
- 5” with 1080p (1080 x 1920) resolution
- RAM: 2 GB or 3 GB
- Internal: 16 GB or 32 GB
- Card slot: Yes
- Primary: 13-megapixel with dual-tone flash, 1080p video, HDR
- Secondary: 5 megapixel with 1080p camera
- Connectivity: Fingerprint scanner, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, USB-OTG, FM Radio, GPS
- Battery: 4000 mAh