Huawei has announced a new large-screen Smartphone on par with the Mate S, the new Mate 8. The new Huawei Mate 8 phone comes with a 6” display with 1080p resolution, making it a surefire hit with those who love their smartphone displays.
The phone also has a 2.5D glass on top to make it appear bezel-less. A metallic finish in Gray, Silver or Gold further adds class to the package.
Under the hood, you get the new Kirin 905 home-baked chip with big.LITTLE architecture. It consists of four low-power Cortex-A53 plus four high-performance Cortex-A72 chips. It is complemented with an “i5” co-processor that can handle certain low-power features such as the sensors, speech recognition and so on. The GPU is the slightly aging Mali T880MP4 chip with either 3 GB RAM/32 GB storage, or 4 GB RAM / 64 GB storage combo.
The back boasts a Sony IMX298 16mp lens with 1080p video recording. The back also boasts a fingerprint sensor below the camera, with both the lens and sensor now having a circular design. The front also boasts an 8 mp IMX179 lens.
Connectivity includes 4G LTE Cat.6, dual-SIM support, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and microUSB 2.0. However USB Type-C or IR Blaster ain’t here, folks. Battery capacity is 4,000 mAh though it will last 30% longer than last time around.
Pricing isn’t announced as of yet, however, it will hit the home Chinese market in Q1 of next year, with other markets set to follow soon.
Specifications of Huawei Mate 8
- CPU: 1.8 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A53 and 2.3 Ghz quad-core Cortex-A72
- Chipset: Huawei Kirin 950
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI customization
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE (Cat.6), dual-SIM (two NANO-SIMs)
- Design: Metallic finish
- 6” 2.5D IPS display with 1080p resolution
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: Yes
- Primary: 16 megapixel Sony IMX298 1/2.8” lens with f/2.0, OIS, LED, 1080p video, phase-detection autofocus
- Secondary: 8 megapixel
- Connectivity: NFC, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, microUSB 2.0
- Battery: 4,000 mAh battery