The Jang Classified ads enjoy an unrivalled reach in Pakistan, reaching millions of Pakistani readers every day. In order to facilitate its readers, Jang has now incorporated QR code feature in their classified ads for those who want it.
How Can QR Codes Help in Classifieds?
For buyers and sellers, a QR code-enabled ad would be considered as a more authentic means of verifying whether a posted ad is fake or not. To register an ad with QR code, the Jang Media Group asks for the individual’s national ID card details. This process can help it identify fraudulent ad posters. By filtering such unscrupulous elements, both the buyers and sellers can benefit from the process.
One other benefit of using this is that the seller can provide additional details in their ads such as an image or video. Your ad will be visible online too so it won’t be just in text for like an ordinary Classified ad.
How to Register Your Ad with QR Code in Jang Classifieds:
If you are a Seller:
- Contact and visit the nearest Jang office to give details about your ad.
- You will have to pay a specified fee as per standard practice. You can ask for QR code enabled ads in addition to the normal one.
- A text message will be sent with all the necessary information for your ad, including a website link, password and reference number, which you can use to upload pictures and video to accompany with your ad.
- After clicking the web link, you can select where and when you want to place your ad, as well as upload additional media for the same.
- The Jang team will approve your ad and publish it on the next edition of the Daily Jang newspaper, along with the accompanying QR code in the Classified Section.
If you are a Buyer:
- Download any QR reader to your smartphone.
- Use the QR application on your smart phone to scan the given QR Code to view the pictures/video posted by the seller
- The QR Code will then redirect you to the page where the seller has uploaded some pictures and videos of the advert.
- If the car or property (or anything) showcased in the advert seems interesting to you, you can contact the advertiser.
You can see a primer on how it works here: