Hardly anyone could’ve seen this coming. Just weeks after announcing its prime flagship for the year, HTC is back with yet another high-end smartphone which costs in the same range, and looks & feels premium too, the One S9.
The phone has a nice, premium design and even has two trademark BoomSound speakers on the front. The display on the front is a 5.2” Super LCD panel, with 1080p resolution and an unspecified Gorilla Glass.
Underneath, rather than a Snapdragon, you get a beefy MediaTek Helio X10 chipset, with 2 GB RAM and rather paltry 16 GB storage (though you can expand it).
At the back sits a 13 megapixel camera with 28 mm focal length, f/2.0, OIS and LED Flash. The front also boasts a 4 MP UltraPixel shooter with2μm pixels.
Connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.1, WI-FI ac and Category 4 LTE, while the battery has a 2,840 mAh capacity.
Pricing is set at 499 Euros (or Rs. 59,000 approx.) when it will be available in the next few months. It is unclear who this phone is targeted too, as at just about a hundred more, you can get the company’s best smartphone itself.
HTC One S9 Specifications:
- CPU: 2 Ghz octa-core Cortex-A53
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio X10
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Sense UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Display: 5.2” Super LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- Memory: RAM: 2 GB / Internal: 16 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 2TB
- Camera: Primary: 13 MP, f/2.0, OIS, LED Flash / Secondary: 4 MP UltraPixel with 2μm pixels
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS, LTE (Cat.4)
- Battery: 2,840 mAh
- Price: 499 Euros (Rs. 59,000 approx.)
Image Credits: GSMArena