HTC has announced a new mid-range phone to help create an impact on the mid-range market. The Desire 830, as it is called, borrows a few features from the top-end phones from the Taiwanese manufacturer.
The design is sleek-looking and is less than 8mm in thickness. It is made of plastic and this time features two BoomSound speakers on the front. The display has been upgraded to 1080p which is still very appreciated for a mid-range phone.
Under the hood, you’ll get an octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 processor, with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of expandable internal storage. The camera on the back is of 13 MP resolution and has OIS and f/2.0, while the front 4 MP UltraPixel camera also has f/2.0.
The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow customized. It will be available in Blue and Red with a white base color. Battery capacity is set at 2,800 mAh though the flagship of HTC has a 3,000 mAh battery itself.
Pricing is set at $310 in the Taiwan market, so let’s hope that is retained elsewhere, too.
HTC Desire 830 specifications:
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz octa-core
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio X10
- Design: 157.5 x 78.9 x 7.79 mm; plastic built
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Display: 5.5” with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution
- Memory: RAM: 3 GB
- Internal: 32 GB
- Card slot: yes, up to 128 GB
- Camera: Primary: 13 MP with OIS, f/2.0, LED Flash / Secondary: 4 MP UltraPixel with f/2.0
- Dual high-res. Front BoomSound speakers
- Battery: 2,800 mAh
- Colors: Blue, Red
- Price: $310 (approximately Rs. 32,000)