A few weeks ago we covered the leaked Smart Glow rendering, a concept which places an LED ring around the camera lens for displaying notifications. Finally, we have more information on the subject as the Galaxy J2 (2016) has been uncovered.
Remember that the original Galaxy J2 was launched a while back in September so it won’t be a surprise if this phone is its replacement. The new phone comes with a 5-inch display with 720p resolution. Under the hood, you’ll get a 1.5 Ghz Cortex-A7 quad-core processor of unknown build, along with 1.5 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.
There’s also the new Turbo Speed Technology (TST) feature which claims to make apps load 40 percent with twice the RAM. The back features an 8 MP camera with LED Flash and HDR, along with a 5 MP shooter on the front.
The back also boasts the main distinguishing feature, the Smart Glow LED which lights up in green, red and blue to alert you of notification, phone usage and selfie assist respectively. You can also assign particular colors to certain activities.
Battery capacity is set at 2,600 mAh. Storage can be further expanded by 128 GB via microSD. The phone will be available in either Black, White or Gold. The Galaxy J2 (2016) is priced at $145 and is said to be available later this month.
Samsung Galaxy J2 (2016) Specifications
- CPU: 1.5 Ghz Cortex-A7 quad-core processor
- GPU: Mali-400MP2
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with TouchWiz UI
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G
- 5” with 720p (1280 x 720) resolution
- Dimensions: 142.4 x 71.1 x 8.0mm
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Internal: 8 GB
- Card slot: yes, by 128 GB
- Primary: 8 MP, LED, autofocus, HDR
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G
- Battery: 2600 mAh
- Colors: Black, White & Gold
- Price: $145 (Rs. 16,000 approx.)