Lenovo has outed the existing ZUK Z2 flagship under its own name in markets where it is already has a strong brand name. The rest of the phone stays largely the same and only comes with the Lenovo badge now.
Rebranded Zuk Z2
Many other phones are named different internationally just like the Moto X Force/Droid Turbo. Seems like Lenovo did the same but this time with the Zuk Z2, naming it Lenovo Z2 Plus.
The Z2 Plus comes with a 5 inch LTPS LCD screen with 1080p (1920 x 1080) resolution. Scratch resistant glass covers the front and the back. The 2.5D screen curves at the edges.
The phone is reportedly the cheapest to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. Alongside that you either get 3 GB of RAM with 32 GB storage or 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage.
At the back, is a 13 MP shooter with an LED flash while at the front is an 8 MP camera. The back camera comes with Phase Detection autofocus and 2160p (3840 x 2160) video recording. Another thing worthy of note is the Samsung-made ISOCELL sensor used for the back camera. Companies usually use Sony sensors for their cameras but Lenovo opted for Samsung with the Z2 Plus (Zuk Z2).
Connectivity options include Wi-Fi ac, NFC and Bluetooth 4.1. Battery capacity is set at 3500 mAh. USB type-C slot sees a return with Qualcomm’s Quickcharge 3.0 which can charge up to 80% in just 1 hour.
Although the battery is a bit lower than the Zuk Z1’s gigantic 4000 mAh unit, it should be good enough to last you through the day.
Lenovo Z2 Plus Specifications
- CPU: 64-bit 2.15 Ghz dual-core Kryo + 1.6 Ghz dual-core Kryo
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- OS: Near-stock Android 6.0.1
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Hybrid Dual-SIM slot
- Display: 5-inch LCD with 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- Scratch Resistant Dual-Glass body
- 2.5D Curved Glass
- Fingerprint sensor
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- MicroSD Card slot: no
- Primary: 13 MP f/2.2 ISOCELL sensor, Phase Detection Autofocus, LED flash, 2160p (3840 x 2160) video recording
- Secondary: 8 MP f/2.0, 1080p (1920 x 1080) video recording
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ac, LTE, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, GPS
- Battery: 3500 mAh, USB type-C v2.0 with Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0
- Price: $269 (3 GB), $299 (4 GB)