Pakistan, under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), has given birth to many exciting projects from coping with electricity shortage to building new roads.
Pakistani government has been paying close attention to improving the infrastructure of the country and with aims to do so, various projects have been devised.
Recently, the Central Development Working Party (CDWP) has agreed to invest 108 billion rupees to repair and build new highways along the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) routes.
The projects discussed in the meeting included:
- 2 lane highway between Basima and Khuzdar (106 km)
- On the western CPEC route, road between Yarak and Zhob will be made dual lane
- Restoration of Karakoram highway
Ahsan Iqbal Minister for Planning and Development chaired the meeting held on Friday, where he gave the approval of the budget.
Executive Committee of National Economic Council has been nominated to assess further details of these projects and to finalize them.
The meeting also saw an approved construction of following projects:
- Conference Hall at Prime Minister House
- Private Clouds Data Center of Federal Board of Revenue
- IB office along CPEC route
Strengthening of Warning System of Pakistan Met Department was also discussed towards the end of the meeting.