An effective weather system producing rainfall/snowfall in different parts of Pakistan is likely to persist for a couple of days with gradually increasing intensity.
- Widespread rainfall with occasional heavy falls is expected on tonight and tomorrow. Moderate to heavy snowfall is also expected in Quetta, Zhob and Kalat divisions.
- There is a high probability of increase in stream flows and Nullahs till 25th January.
- Moderate to heavy falls are likely in Makran coast, Kech, Panjgur, Washuk, Kharan, Khuzdar and adjoining areas tonight.
- Widespread rainfall/snowfall is expected over upper KP and FATA tonight and tomorrow.
- Heavy snowfall is expected in Chitral, Shangla, Naran, Kaghan and Hazara division on 25th and 26th January, 2017.
- Occasional heavy rainfall may generate flash floods in the tributaries of Kabul River and trigger landslides in hilly terrain.
- Widespread rain with isolated heavy falls is expected in north eastern Punjab on 25th and 26th Jan, 2017.
- Intermittent heavy snowfall is likely over Murree and Galliyat hills.
- Scattered rain/snowfall is expected on 25th and 26th Jan, 2017.
- Landslides may occur in the vulnerable areas of GB.
- Events of heavy snowfall are likely in AJK during 25th to 26th Jan, 2017.
- Landslides and avalanches are expected during the period.
- Local streams may be flashy due to anticipated heavy downpour.
- Isolated light to moderate rainfall is expected in the province on 25th Jan, 2017. Karachi may also receive light rainfall on 25th Jan, 2017.
In addition, a new weather advisory has also been released for relevant government departments.
- Common Actions to All
(1) Sensitisation of public through Media as well as District Administration and Local Government Representatives.
(2) Ensure functioning of Urban Rain Water Disposal, Sanitation Systems along with backup supply and availability of requisite staff.
(3) People living in kachi abadi must be sensitised to shift to safe locations to avoid any loss of life due to roof / wall collapse, etc.
(4) All crossing points at seasonal nullahs and hill torrents to be manned by Police to stop crossing of vehicles during flash flood.
(5) PDMAs are requested to coordinate with vulnerable districts for timely preparedness and immediate response, when required.
- Specific to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, AJ&K and Gilgit Baltistan
(1) All roads leading to snow bound areas should be covered by Police Check Posts to control flow of traffic and ensure commuters safety.
(2) Traffic to and from Murree, Galiyat, Naran and Kaghan Valley must be regulated.
(3) Earth / Snow Clearing Machinery in functional condition must be placed at pre-identified vulnerable locations / points.
(4) Food, Medicine and POL Stock to be ensured for far flung / snow bound areas.
- Ministry of Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage Only. Requested to ensure airing of advisories and public services messages through electronic media.
- Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) Only. Requested to ensure that telecommunication services remain intact, especially in snowbound areas.
- National Highways Authority (NHA) Only. Requested to ensure that all major roads remain open for traffic and heavy / snow clearing machinery is suitably placed especially along KKH, S-1, N-45, IMDC and other critical roads of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan.
- Utility Stores Corporation (USC) Only. Requested to ensure sufficient stocking at outlets located in far flung areas of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa,
Azad Jammu & Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan.
- In case of any eventuality, twice daily updates should be shared with NDMA.
- Forwarded for preparation / necessary action, please