Good news all around, Moto Z is finally going to be officially launched in Pakistan. It will hit shelves around mid of February and the exciting part is that all Moto Mods are going to be available as well.
Lenovo announced previously that it was going to launch its flagship Moto Z series in Pakistan soon. For now only Moto Z has been confirmed for launch around February 17th. The other two models, Moto Z Play and Moto M have not been announced yet.
Moto Z offers a water repellent and premium metallic design and doesn’t back away on the specs either.
The Moto Mods
What makes this phone special are the Moto Mods, adding a touch of modularity to an otherwise sleek looking phone. The Moto Mods attach to the back of the phone using the contacts at the bottom. They come in different flavors like a battery mod or a camera mod to enhance those features.
Moto Z comes with a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED display at QHD (2560 x 1440) resolution. On the inside it features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 4 GB of RAM and 32 or 64 GB of storage. The storage is expandable via a microSD card of up to 256GB in size.
The primary camera employs a 13 MP sensor with laser/phase-detection Autofocus, OIS and a dual tone LED flash. The front camera uses a 5 MP sensor with a wide angle lens and an LED flash.
Battery might be subpar for a phone of this caliber with a measly 2,600 mAH unit. The large screen size and resolution (2560 x 1440) make the battery life even worse. Moto Z however does support Turbo fast charging technology to make up for it somewhat. And you can always use the Battery mod to nearly double the battery life without adding much to the phone’s waistline.
Moto Z will cost Rs. 75,000 with the Moto Mods pricing announced at a later date..
Moto Z Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 Ghz quad-core Kryo
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgradeable to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- Water-repellant coating
- Moto Mods
- Fingerprint scanner
- 5.5” Super AMOLED with Quad HD (2560 x 1440) resolution
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4
- Internal: 32, 64 GB UFS
- Card slot: yes, up to 256 GB
- Primary: 13MP, f/1.8, laser/phase-detection AF, OIS, Dual-Tone LED flash, [email protected] 30fps, HDR, Slo-mo videos
- Secondary: 5MP wide-angle lens with LED Flash, f/2.2, 1.4um pixels
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, Wi-Fi ac, A-GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2600 mAh, Turbo Power fast-charging supported
- Price: Rs. 75,000