Lenovo has announced a new ultra-cheap smartphone for its audience. The new Vibe B has the potential to be a respectable side-phone to your flagship.
On the front is a 4.5-inch display with FWVGA (854×480) resolution as if its 2012. Under the hood is a 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6735M processor with 1 GB RAM and 8 GB of internal storage.
The camera on the back is of 5 MP resolution, accompanied with flash as well as a 2 MP shooter on the front. The 2000 mAh battery can last up to a week on standby, that too on 4G.
On the connectivity side, the most-notable entrant is 4G LTE but the rest is pretty mainstream. The phone does have Dual-SIM support which is a nice touch.
The design is nothing to write home about except that it’ll come in plastic Black and White versions and weigh 144g. The Vibe B will be available for a very acceptable price of $87 but it might find it tough to compete at this increasingly popular price segment.
Lenovo Vibe B Specifications
- CPU: 1 GHz quad-core 64-bit
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6735M
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow, customized
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual-SIM
- 4.5” IPS with FWVGA (854 x 480) resolution
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal: 8 GB
- Card slot: yes, by up to 32 GB
- Primary: 5 MP, LED
- Secondary: 2 MP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, microUSB, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, LTE
- Battery: 2000 mAh
- Price: $87