Sui Southern Gas Limited has warned the senior management of various government-owned hospitals that it will disconnect their gas supplies. The gas utility issued this warning due to government hospitals not paying bills of up to Rs 40 million.
Defaulting medical institutions include:
- Abbasi Shaheed Hospital Nazimabad,
- Jinnah Post Graduate Hospital,
- Sindh Government 100 Bed Hospital, Liaquatabad,
- Karachi Institute of Heart Diseases, F.B Area,
- Services Hospital, M. A. Jinnah Road,
- Police Training School, Baldia Town,
- Frontier Corps near Hub Industrial Trading Estates,
- National Institute of Child Health,
- Jinnah Hospital,
- Civil Hospital Doctors Mess Baba-e-Urdu Road,
- Sindh Government Hospital, North Karachi,
- Lyari General Hospital, Karachi.
In this regard, SSGC has issued a Final Disconnection Notice to these organizations, giving them a deadline of June 8, 2017 to clear their dues.
SSGC will commence its disconnection spree from June 9, 2017 against these defaulters.
Despite of pursuance, written notices and repeated reminders to major defaulting healthcare establishments working under the government, there has been no encouraging response from them. They have not settled the huge amount of outstanding dues against their gas usage, the official statement said.
The Company did not receive any positive response and their payments are still awaited.