The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan scrapped the original NTC testing scheme recently. The commission planned to launch a new undergraduate entry test in place of it.
The new testing service is accepting registrations from eligible candidates.
According to the official announcement by the HEC, the first ever government testing body namely the ‘Education Testing Council’ will begin entry tests for universities from Fall 2017. You can get yourself registered online now for the tests directly at eportal.hec.gov.pk.
About the Undergraduate Entry Test
All students looking for admissions in public and private sector universities will be required to undergo an Undergraduate Entry Test.
Registration and the test itself can be availed free of cost. The test will remain valid for a period of 2 years.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply for the test if:
- You have completed 12 years of education (HSSC) or equivalent
- You are waiting for your 12th year results
There are six major categories that you can apply for. This includes:
- HAT – UG-E (12 years / equal education in Pre-Engineering groups)
- HAT – UG-M (12 years / equal education in Pre-Medical group)
- HAT – UG-A (12 years / equal education in Arts/Humanities/Social Sciences group
- HAT – UG-CS (12 years / equal education in Computer Science group)
- HAT – UG-GS (12 years / equal education in General Science group)
- HAT – UG-I.Com (12 years / equal education in I.Com group)
Test centres can be selected from HEC’s website. The commission advises that you choose a test center nearest to your residence/disctrict of domicile.
Test Date Announcement
The test dates will be announced in newspapers and on the HEC website. If you have registered on the eportal you will receive an SMS alert detailing the test date, time and venue. List of universities registered at the HEC can be found on their website as well.
Last date for online registration is July 12 (Wednesday), 2017.
Troubleshooting Issues and Helpline Numbers
If you run into a problem or can’t register online you can visit the regional HEC office in Quetta, Peshawar, Lahore, Islamabad, Bahawalpur and Karachi. You can also email your queries at [email protected] Alternatively you can call their helpline numbers: