Cabinet Division has notified Ali Jahangir Siddiqui as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister with the status of Minister of State, said a notification of the Cabinet Division issued here on Wednesday.
The notification reads, “The Prime Minister has been pleased to appoint Mr Ali Jahangir Siddiqui as Special Assistant to the Prime Minister with immediate effect.”
It is pertinent to mention that Ali Jahangir Siddiqui is son of eminent businessmen Jahangir Siddiqui and one of the Board of Director of JS Bank and also Son-in-Law of a owner of leading media House.
According to sources, Ali Jahangir Siddiqui is likely to get the portfolio of Board of Investment as it is vacant.
The Cabinet Division had already issued seven Special Assistants to the Prime Minister and they are;
- Dr Syed Asif Kirmani as Special Assistant on political affairs,
- Miftah Ismail as Special Assistant on Economic Affairs,
- Dr Musadik Malik Special Assistant on Media,
- Zafarrullah Khan Barrister-at-Law Special Assistant on Law,
- Kh Zahir Ahmed Special Assistant on Institutional Reforms
- Haroon Khan and Nasir Iqbal Bosal and both were yet to assign portfolios.