The Guardian Series by Seagate is a series of high-capacity hard disk drives which have been popular and widely used.
If your computer is running out of space and you need massive capacities to store all your important data – the new additions to the Guardian series – IronWolf and BarraCudaPro hard disk drives – come with capacities of upto 12TB.
You might think 12TB is an overkill but according to Seagate, these massive hard disk drives are especially for
the growing data needs of large enterprise business, small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), and creative professionals.
- Optimized for NAS with AgileArray
- IronWolf HDD is built with dual-plane balancing and RAID optimization in multi-bay environments with the most advanced power management
- IronWolf provides high-cache options for NAS (256MB)
- Built to withstand a workload rate of 180TB/year
- Designed for always on, always accessible 24×7 performance
- 3 year warranty
A few speed comparison charts can be seen below:
BarraCuda Pro Specifications
- 7200 RPM
- Large onboard cache (256MB)
- BarraCuda Pro 12TB draws only 7.8W, making it one of the lowest-power 3.5-inch drives on the market
- SATA 6Gb/s interface
- Up to 250MB/s maximum sustained transfer rate
- 5-year warranty
- 2 years of data recovery included (Seagate Rescue)
- Capacities available: 12 TB, 10 TB, 8 TB, 6 TB, 4 TB, 2 TB
A speed comparison chart can be seen below:
Storage needs are expanding
Virtual Reality (VR), 4K videos, 3D videos and 360-degree content have been the latest trend and their usage is expanding rapidly. Even a 10-second 4K video can take more than 300MBs of storage. Accounting for all the changes in the digital media, Seagate made 12TB hard drives to store the digital media of the future.
A recent research by Seagate and IDC reveals that by 2025, data creation will increase to a total of 163 zettabytes (ZB). That is 10 times more than how much data is being created today.
According to the company, the much-needed overkill of 12TB hard drives is vital because they “offer scalability for the future with increased space and speed.”
Matt Rutledge, senior vice president of Business Marketing at Seagate Technology said,
Our storage hungry customers and partners continue to ask for our latest and greatest technology along with increased capacity and performance in our purpose built products. With the 12TB Pro products, Seagate buyers are overcoming capacity constraints in their systems and can access vast amounts of digital data anytime, from anywhere.
- IronWolf Standard: $390 USD (40000PKR)
- IronWolf Pro: $440 USD (45000PKR)
- BarraCuda Pro: $430 USD (44000PKR)