The American Business Council of Pakistan (ABC) Executive Committee has elected Mr. Kamran Nishat, Managing Director & CEO, Muller & Phipps Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd., as President ABC in 33rd Annual General Meeting held at the Chamber.
Mr. Syed Anis Ahmed, Managing Director, Abbott Laboratories (Pakistan) Ltd., has been elected Senior Vice President and Mr. Jarri Masood, Country General Manager, 3M Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd. elected as Vice President.
The other elected members of the ABC Executive Committee are:
- Mr. Farrokh K. Captain, Chairman & Managing Director, Captain-PQ Chemical Industries (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Mr. Tasleemuddin Ahmed Batlay, Director, Colgate-Palmolive (Pakistan) Ltd.
- Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Shekhani, CEO, Johan (Pvt.) Ltd./Culligan
- Mr. Amin Mohammad Khowaja, General Manager & Executive Director, J.P. Morgan Pakistan (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Mr. Usman Muneer, Managing Director, Mondelez Pakistan Ltd.
- Mr. Ahmed Jamal Mir, Managing Director & CEO, Prestige Communications (Pvt.) Ltd./Grey
- Mr. Nadeem Arshad Elahi, Managing Director & Country Head, TRG (Pvt.) Ltd.,
- Mr. Syed Iqbal Uddin Ghazi, Founder President, Sun Consulting (Pvt.) Ltd.
Newly elected Office Bearers and Executive Committee members have taken office for a 12-month term from October 2nd, 2017.
“I congratulate the newly elected 2017-18 Executive Committee. I look forward to a busy and productive year where we work together to uphold the ABC mission” said Mr. Kamran Nishat, President of ABC.
“I would also like to thank the outgoing Executive Committee,” continued Mr. Nishat “for their service to the Chamber and its members”.
The members of the Executive Committee comprise of some of the most prominent business executives, managing amongst them the most prestigious businesses in Pakistan.
Members will remain committed to upholding ABC’s mission:
To protect and promote the interests of US Investors in Pakistan; To encourage and stimulate new investments; To introduce and inculcate best practices; To strive to establish a level playing field in the country in order to promote the development of commerce between the USA and Pakistan.
The American Business Council of Pakistan (ABC) is a Chamber of Commerce & Industry of American businesses in Pakistan affiliated with the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry, (FPCCI) and is a member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (USCC), Washington D.C., and Asia-Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce (APCAC). ABC also has a close working relationship with the U.S.-Pakistan Business Council, Washington which is a component of the USCC.