Chevening is a global scholarship programme from the UK government that offers future leaders with a unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from all over the world to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
The scholarship is fully-funded which will free you from any worries about expenses and will give you the opportunity to fully focus on achieving new goals and moving forward in your professional life.
What is included in the scholarship?
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- Arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 12 July 2018
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 12 July 2018
Prior to starting your application process make sure you have the following:
- Essential: Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional: English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 12 July 2018. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
Note: If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you provide evidence that you meet the Chevening English language requirements and that you have at least one offer from an eligible course before 12 July 2018 in order to remain in the process.
How to apply?
Applications for 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships are open until 12:00 GMT Tuesday, 7 November 2017.
Applications for Chevening Scholarships can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the red ‘Apply for scholarship’ button on their website or just click here to be redirected to the page.