After being teased heavily in the past few days, the OnePlus 5T has been officially announced. Unfortunately the phone isn’t available for everyone just yet.
The OnePlus 5T is the same as the OnePlus 5 save for a few minor tweaks here and there.
Design and Display
OnePlus 5T has that sweet 18:9 edge-to-edge display this time around however the display panel itself is the same as before. It has a 6.01 inch Optic OLED screen with Full HD+ (2160 x 1080) resolution.
As there was no room for a physical home button on the front, the fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back, above the OnePlus logo.
A small addition is the ability to unlock your phone with your face. It simply uses the front camera for the task and is surprisingly fast, even though it may not be as secure as Apple’s FaceID or the Note 8’s Iris scanner.
Internals and Storage
As far as the hardware goes, OnePlus 5T is exactly the same as the OnePlus 5. It is powered by a Snapdragon 835 processor with 6/8 GB RAM and 64/128 GB of internal storage. There is no microSD card slot but the phone is dual SIM by default.
It does not come with Android Oreo and still runs on Android Nougat instead with Oxygen OS 4.7.
OnePlus 5T has a similar 16+20 MP dual camera setup but the wide angle-telephoto combo has been changed. The 20 MP lens has been replaced with a “low light camera”. The phone reportedly switches to the 20 MP lens in lower lighting conditions for better results.
The cameras feature PDAF and EIS with a dual LED flash.
It still has that portrait mode from before but it is software based this time around.
The front camera is still the same with a 16 MP sensor with EIS.
Battery, Price and Availability
The battery is still the same as before, coming in at 3,300 mAh. OnePlus claims that the 5T has the same battery life as the OnePlus 5 however the bigger screen may disagree with that. As always, the Dash Charging tech is included.
OnePlus 5T will be available worldwide starting from November 21st. It will only be available in the black color and will cost $500 for the 64 GB variant and $560 for the 128 GB model.
OnePlus 5T Specifications
- CPU: 4x 2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x 1.9 GHz Kryo
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- GPU: Adreno 540
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat customized with OxygenOS
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE; Dual SIM
- RGB Notification LED
- Dirac HD sound
- Fingerprint scanner
- 6.01-inch Optic OLED with Full HD+ (2160 x 1080) resolution
- 18:9 aspect ratio with edge to edge screen
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Internal: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1
- Card slot: no
- Primary: Dual 16 MP, f/1.7, EIS (gyro) + 20 MP, f/1.7, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0, EIS (gyro)
- Connectivity: USB-C, Bluetooth 5.0, LTE-A, 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi ac, GPS, NFC, headphone jack
- Battery: 3300 mAh, Dash Charge supported
- Price: $500 (64 GB, 6 GB), $560 (128 GB, 8 GB)