Xiaomi Announces Mi Mix 2 and Redmi 5A Smartphones for Pakistan
3 weeks ago
Xiaomi is rolling out the most anticipated smartphones in Pakistan: the Mi MIX 2 and Redmi Note 5 A Prime.
Both devices have spectacular hardware that comes equipped with state of the art software. The key feature of the Mi MIX 2 is a stunning 5.99 inch bezel less display whereas the Redmi Note 5A comes with a whopping 16 megapixel front camera for the first time in Xiaomi Phones.
Mi MIX 2
The Mi MIX series is considered to be a real concept from Xiaomi and the Mi MIX 2 is an evolution on the original design. One of the devices that oomph the bezel-less trend in Xiaomi’s devices.
You can experience the immersive display with Mi MIX 2, housed in a sleek small body. This innovation efficiently fits a smaller front camera, narrow chin, and a hidden proximity sensor. The four-sided ceramic curved body makes it ultra-chic in design while maintaining the durability.
The hardware is not the only attraction for Mi Fans, the software packs a punch too. Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, the fastest SoC, is the highlight of Mi MIX2, making it fast and fluid with zero lag. Equipped with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB memory, the Mi MIX 2 comes with Android Nougat (upgradable to Android Oreo). The UI is intuitive and is extremely smooth and easy to adapt to.
The Mi MIX 2 comes with a 12 megapixel back and 5 megapixel front camera respectively. The camera software is simple and clutter free with HDR, face deduction, camera stabilization and 4k video with enhanced low light shooting.
The battery is an extra plus, with the 3400 mAh Li-polymer unit you can get a full day usage with a single charge. With all of these premium features, it’s a steal at 64,999 PKR.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specifications
- CPU: 4x 2.45 GHz Kryo & 4x 1.9 GHz Kryo
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat based MIUI 9
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G Dual Sim
- Unibody Ceramic (Special edition)
- Ceramic body with aluminium frame
- Special audio recording hardware/software for clarity
- Ultrasonic proximity sensor
- Fingerprint scanner
- 18K Gold rimmed camera (Special edition)
- Display: 6″ IPS LCD display with Full HD+ (2160 x 1080) resolution
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- Internal: 64/128/256 GB
- Card slot: No
- Primary: 12 MP, Sony IMX 386 sensor, phase detection autofocus, OIS (4-axis), dual-LED (dual tone) flash. 4K & Slow motion video recording.
- Secondary: 5 MP
- Connectivity: NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Battery: 3,400 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
- Colours: White, Black
- Price: Rs. NA
Redmi Note 5A Prime
Redmi Note 5A Prime features a 5.5 inch HD display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass, 13 MP f/2.0 rear camera, as well as a 3080 mAh battery.
At its core, Redmi Note 5A Prime features an octa-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 435 processor, along with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of on-board storage. It also has a built-in fingerprint sensor at the back for added security, an uncommon staple in smartphones in this price range.
Redmi Note 5A Prime comes with a two-plus-one SIM tray design, which allows two SIM cards and one microSD card to be used at the same time, while memory can be expanded up to 128GB. Finally, a built-in IR blaster means the device also doubles up as a universal remote control.
The ultra-slim body makes this phone light to handle and super stylish to carry. All of this comes priced at a price of 20,900 PKR.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime Specifications
- CPU: 1.4 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with MIUI 8
- Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 5.5” IPS LCD with 720p resolution, Gorilla Glass, 2.5D glass
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- Internal: 32/64 GB
- Card slot: yes
- Primary: 13 MP, f/2.2, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary: 16 MP, f/2.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, IR Blaster, GPS, LTE
- Fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 3,080 mAh