80% of Postal Ministry’s Budget Goes to Salaries & Pensions

The Standing Committee on Postal Services was informed that Rs 4.6 billion worth of business transactions were made through Pakistan Post on a daily basis through receipt and issuance transactions.

The meeting of the Standing Committee on Postal Services was held in Parliament House under the Chairmanship of Syed Iftikhar-ul-Hassan.

The Ministry of Postal Services briefed the Committee about the performance of the Ministry and its attached departments. The Ministry stressed upon the need to enhance its budget as 80% of the current budget was allocated for the pensioners and salaries of the employees. The remaining 20% is not enough to meet the operational challenges.

The Committee decided to invite the representatives of the Finance & Planning Division in the next meeting in order to brief the Committee on the issue.

The Committee was further informed that the ministry has valuable properties in most of the cities but unfortunately they do not have the resources benefit from them. The Committee recommended that the Ministry should establish institutions like colleges and hospitals through Public-Private partnerships, so that revenue could be generated from these assets.

The Committee further recommended that the Ministry may take effective measures to improve its infrastructure and also ensure quality of services in order to compete with private courier companies.

Earlier, Moulana Ameer Zaman, Federal Minister for Postal Services, briefly apprised the Committee about the efforts being made by the Ministry for its betterment and problems faced in this regard.

Rana Muhammad Ishaq Khan, Ch. Khadim Hussain, Bhawan Das, Shah Jehan Bolach, Shahida Rehmani, Engineer Hamid-ul-Haq Khalil, Asiya Nasir and Aisha Syed were present in the meeting.

  • POST OFFICE Ko Bhi TCS K Sath Merge Kar Do
    Aj Bhi Uni Wale Post Office Ka Lifafa Mangte hai:
    Aur Wo TCS Wale Carry Nahi Karte Phir Dubara White Lifafa Jama Karwao
    As SIMPLE As that (Merge He Akhri Rasta hai)

  • close