Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF), the largest fund of its kind in Pakistan, has announced the Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS), a fully funded international Scholarship for Ph.D. 2018-19 intake.
PEEF has awarded more than 235,000 scholarships worth Rs. 12 billion till date.
The scholarship is open to both male and female students (Pakistani Nationals) studying in the top 50 (subject wise) QS ranked universities in the world.
The Scholarship is fully funded covering the cost of Tuition Fees, Boarding & Lodging Expenses & Air Fare.
- Life Sciences and Medicine
- Engineering and Technology
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences and Arts/Humanities
Students applying for SSMS should be:
- From one of the Top 50 (Subject Wise) Universities of the World (QS ranking) in subject areas mentioned.
- Score a minimum of 60% marks in the overall academic career.
- Monthly family income (including self, spouse, and parents) should be equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-
- Maximum age of 35 years by 29th March, 2018.
- Has not availed any foreign scholarship previously.
- Avail the scholarship only in the year in which it is being offered and the scholarship shall not be carried forward to next year.
- All Pakistani Nationals, both male and female, are eligible to apply
- Preference would be given to students holding a Punjab domicile, however, a special quota has also been allocated for other provinces including AJK, Gilgit Baltistan (GB), FATA and ICT.
- Admission to the University and Visa is the responsibility of the applicant. The decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee shall be final.
- PEEF has the right to reject any application or call off the whole selection process without assigning any reason.
Required Documents and Pre-requisites
- Copy of valid admission offer for D. for fall 2018 intake.
- Attested copy of CNIC.
- Copy of Passport.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials.
- Copy of Synopsis/ Research Proposal.
- Income affidavit on legal paper (sample attached with application form).
- Copy of last paid utility bills (electricity, gas, phone).
- Attested copy of domicile. 10. Copy of previous months’ pay slips (self/parents/guardian if applicable).
- Three passport size photographs (blue background).
- Any other supporting documentation required to substantiate the facts given in the application form.
Last date for submitting the scholarship application is 29th March 2018. The application should be submitted to the PEEF office.